Presidents' Award of Distinction for Team Science
The recipient of the President’s Award of Distinction for Team Science will receive $5,000 towards their team science research program. Teams will be recognized at the 2019 Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Conference (February 28 – March 1, 2019).
- Each research team must have one or more representatives from a Georgia CTSA partner (Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Morehouse School of Medicine, and/or the University of Georgia).
- Teams must be multi-disciplinary with representation from at least two different disciplines. In addition, diversity in terms of race, gender, institution, rank, etc. is strongly encouraged.
- Research activities must be clinical or translational in nature and make a positive impact on human health.
Teams may self-nominate or be nominated by a faculty member or administrator from a Georgia CTSA partner institution.
A concise, two-page (maximum) narrative describing the team’s research, the impact on individual and/or community health, and a description of each team member’s substantive and quantifiable contributions to the team is required for each nomination. The narrative should emphasize specific features of the team that represent innovative, high-functioning teamwork and synergy and how these features have advanced their respective field(s).
The primary criterion for evaluation will be the team’s ability to demonstrate innovative, high-functioning teamwork and synergy in the narrative. Teams will also be evaluated using the following criteria. It is not necessary to achieve every criterion below, as different teams will have different outcomes.
All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com and include the following:
- Nomination letter (maximum of two pages)
- A list of all members of the team and their professional titles and affiliations
- NIH/NSF style biosketch for all team members (maximum of 3 pages each)
- Optional supporting documents, i.e., publications, brochures, examples of innovative teamwork or synergy, etc. (maximum of 5 pages total)
The Executive Council of the Georgia CTSA will review all nominations and make a recommendation to the University Presidents.