Goal Setting and Alignment
At the foundation of every successful mentoring relationship is goal setting. By defining and sharing your goals with your mentor you can help focus your interactions and create tangible outcomes.
No matter how you define your goals, aligning expectations is critical to the success of all mentoring relationships. These tools will help you clarify expectations, achieve goals, and establish agreed-upon guidelines for you and your mentor(s).
- Individual Development Plans: How-to and examples
- Personal Accountability: A workbook to assess and address accountability issues
- The Goal-Driven Relationship
- Mentorship Agreement1
- Establishing Common Expectations1
- Alignment Checklist1
- Identifying Signs of Misalignment1
Remember, it is important to regularly discuss if you and your mentor are still in alignment!
Tools developed by:
University of Wisconsin-Madison Institute for Clinical and Translational Research