Certificate Program in Translational Research How to Apply
Applicants should apply via the web-based CPTR application system.
The following items are required:
- Cover sheet (save link as document)
- NIH-style Biosketch from applicant and lead mentor/advisor
- Personal statement (1-2 pages, single-spaced, 11 point font, 1 inch margins)
- Transcript from current program (required of PhD students)
- Letter of recommendation from PhD Program Director (not required of postdocs or faculty members)
- Letter of support from Lead Mentor (not required of faculty members at Associate or full Professor level)
- Application fee (if your application is successful) in the amount of $75.00 payable to Emory University (unless currently enrolled at Emory University) AND original transcripts (if your application is successful) in sealed envelopes from each post-secondary institution you have attended. The transcripts are for the Laney Graduate School per SACS requirements. Transcripts must be in English or accompanied by notarized translations. Please hand-deliver to the Georgia CTSA MSCR program office:
Rm 6.112, 1599 Building
1599 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
A Committee consisting of the Georgia CTSA Research Education Executive Committee will review applications and acceptances will be based on candidates’ interest and potential for a translational research career.
- There is a “rolling” deadline for predoctoral and postdoctoral CPTR applicants not supported by the TL1 mechanism or the junior faculty KL2 program. Applicants are encouraged to apply no later than April 30.
We encourage interested CPTR candidates to contact the Georgia CTSA education program to discuss their interests, career goals, specific programs and for assistance with the application process.